DragonForce 65 / 650mm DF65 v7 Class RC Sailboat
The best selling radio sailing yacht in the world, just got better !!
( click here for Easy to Read & Assemble Version 7 Instruction Manual :
v7 Rigging Instruction Manual
Features on the 2022 DF65 v7 Complete Boat Kit
- Complete DF Boat Kit with FS-i6 Radio System installed (RTR Version)
- 50 Micron Mylar " A" Sails, ships flat in box, with corner reinforcement, battens, eyelets and improved jib luff
- Boom Vang redesigned to be easy to adjust, better connection to boom
- Redesigned "no flex" Servo tray, featuring improved control arm geometry rudder servo opening enlarged to accept larger servo
- New Jib forestay fitting for easier more consistent jib rigging
- digital rudder servo
- Keel Bolt main sheet guide fitting, to stabilize main sheet ring
- redesigned rudder post, to improve fit and stability
- Recessed deck track for eyelets, and improved under deck plastic insert to keep eyelets waterproof with out extra glue
- Retooled mould designed to make boat more durable / thicker
- 1x 700 mah LiFe 6.6v Boat Battery pack
- 1x USB DF95/65 boat battery pack charger
- 1x 15cm Lead extension for using supplied LiFe battery under forward battery hatch (user must velcro battery to bulkhead / keel trunk)
Kits contents include
- Upgraded 2022 Sailwinch & Digital Metal Gear Rudder servo installed.
- Plastic display stand with improved outdoor boat laydown included.
- Zinc alloy ballast and Aluminium Alloy Keel.
- Counterweighted jib.
- Rubber bow bumper.
- "A-rig" and sails, plus bowsies, dyneema cord and necessary assembly tools are included in the kit.
- Instruction manual in easy to read & assemble language.
- RTR Version Requires : 4 additional AA Batteries for Transmitter
The Joysway DragonForce 65, or DF65 for short, is by far currently the best selling RC yacht in the world (along with its younger brother the DF95)!
The reasons are as simple as the concept and design itself, which was developed in collaboration between Joysway and top RC performance yacht designers .
This partnership has resulted in the DF65 which was first released in February 2013, an affordable competition class RC yacht that is so affordable it can enjoyed by serious competitors and non serious hobbyists alike.
Sleek lines and competition-developed sails make the DragonForce 65 race, perform and compete in all wind conditions!
The boat is based on the ICE design with an ABS hull, profiled aluminium fin and molded plastic rudder. The A rig that comes with the boat is a full sized, fractional low aspect rig with carbon spars and a ball raced gooseneck.
The DragonForce 65 is a recognized competition RC yacht that can be sailed in the restricted DF65 Class which is recognized by the American Model Yachting Association, with well defined rules and RC associations that are located worldwide.
With DF65 clubs all over North America, chances are there is a group near you sailing one! The perfect boat to start you own group sailing as well.
Having a Joysway DragonForce means that, should you like to, you can usually find a location local to you to learn sailing tips and how to configure sails or rigging, compare (and hone) your sailing skills against others, participate in local, state, national or even international competitions. Check out DFRacing USA for more information
Ready to Race out of the box means you all you will need to provide is your own batteries! Transmitter and receiver are already installed
The DF65 RTR Version is shipped with everything necessary to get started . Preinstalled Servo's, Preassembled booms, sails, fittings etc. All you need to do is assemble the spars , Mast, hang the sails, install your radio system and go race!
Spare parts availability:
Being the worlds best selling RC yacht, we are well stocked with all of the parts that you need to keep your afternoons and weekends going! In the unusual event we are out of stock on DF65 parts, be assured there won't be a very long delay - and they're so low in cost that many hobbyists now use them as replacement parts for other rc boat models .
Dragon Sailing has purchased the DF65 as close to getting it off the factory production line as we possibly can. Containers arrive directly from Joysway in China and are stocked directly into our warehouse here in the USA. As the leadingUS dealer & Distributor, we are stocked regularly with boats and parts throughout the year. Wherever you are ordering from in the USA you can have your yacht in as little as 2-5 days nationwide at extremely low cost. What previously cost $400 to $800 (or higher) has now been made very affordable, and with low cost parts means there are zero barriers to you enjoying your spare time sailing in your local waterway.
Due to the boats popularity and success, there have been a number of gradual improvements to the design and manufacture of the DragonForce 65 to make it even better.