DragonForce 65 2016 V5 650mm DF65 / RG65 Class RC Sailboat
Joysway DF65 V5 Manual (19.3 MB)
The most in-demand best selling RC yacht in the world!
The Joysway DragonForce 65, or DF65 for short, is by far currently the best selling RC yacht in the world. The reasons are as simple as the concept and design itself, which was developed in collaboration between Joysway and three top performance yacht designers (Mike Weston, Mark Dicks and John Tushingham) . This partnership has resulted in the DF65 which was first released in February 2013, an affordable competition class RC yacht that is so affordable it can enjoyed by serious competitors and non serious hobbyists alike. Sleek lines and competition-developed sails make the DragonForce 65 race, perform and compete against even those yachts that would be 10 times the price!
The DragonForce 65 is a recognized competition RC yacht that can be sailed in the restricted DF65 Class which is recognized by the American Model Yachting Association, or may be sailed within the RG65 class with well defined rules and RC associations that are located worldwide. The boat is based on the ICE design with an ABS hull, profiled aluminium fin and molded plastic rudder. The rig is a full sized, low aspect rig with carbon spars and a ball raced gooseneck.
With DF65 clubs all over North America, chances are there is a group near you sailing one! The perfect boat to start you own group sailing as well.
Having a Joysway DragonForce means that, should you like to, you can usually find a location local to you to learn sailing tips and how to configure sails or rigging, compare (and hone) your sailing skills against others, participate in local, state, national or even international competitions.
Plug N Play out of the box means you will need to provide your own radio system and receiver, or purchase one of the upgraded radio systems available from Dragon Sailing
The DF65 PNP Version is shipped with everything necessary to get started . Preinstalled Servo's, Preassembled booms, sails, fittings etc. All you need to do is assemble the spars , Mast, hang the sails, install your radio system and go race!
Spare parts availability:
Being the worlds best selling RC yacht, we are well stocked with all of the parts that you need to keep your afternoons and weekends going! In the unusual event we are out of stock on DF65 parts, be assured there won't be a very long delay - and they're so low in cost that many hobbyists now use them as replacement parts for other rc boat models .
Dragon Sailing has purchased the DF65 as close to getting it off the factory production line as we possibly can. Containers arrive directly from Joysway in China and are stocked directly into our warehouse here in the USA. As a distributor for the North America region, we are stocked regularly with boats and parts throughout the year. Wherever you are ordering from in the USA you can have your yacht in as little as 1-3 days nationwide at extremely low cost. What previously cost $400 to $800 (or higher) has now been made very affordable, and with low cost parts means there are zero barriers to you enjoying your spare time sailing in your local waterway.
Version revisions from 2013 to 2016
Due to the boats popularity and success, there have been a number of gradual improvements to the design and manufacture of the DragonForce 65 to make it even better. This is a link to by HobbyWarehouse in Australia that illustrates the Evolution of the DF65 .
Dragon Sailing now currently stocks this latest V5 model revision that included the following modifications:
- Finer pitched thread on compression strut for improved adjustment.
- Added sail clew hook on jib boom and main boom for fast/improved rigging.
- Replaced the 4th silicone tube on the jib boom, and the 3rd silicone tube on main boom with silicone rubber "O" rings for easier rigging.
- Deleted the clip at top of forestay - it is considered better to tie the forestay cord, jib sail lifting cord and jib boom lifting cords directly to the forestay fitting. This also comforms with racing rules.
- Re-written instruction manual to incorporate the above changes, and improved explanation of the rigging process.
- Rudder servo and powerful winch servo included.
- Plastic display stand included.
- Zinc alloy ballast and Aluminium Alloy Keel.
- Counterweighted jib.
- Rubber bow bumper.
- "A-rig" and sails, plus bowsies, dyneema cord and necessary accessories are all included.
- Instruction manual.
- PNP Version Requires: Compatible radio system and receiver, 4 AA batteries to power your receiver and servos
- RTR Version Requires : 8 AA Batteries ( 4 for Transmitter, 4 for boat / Receiver)